Monday, January 12, 2009

Thunder Thighs and a Toothless Baboon

Last night we took the girls to Bucca Di Peppo restaurant. I have no idea of confirming this but there was a poster of a young, husky female wearing a black one piece swim suit, could have been tights because she was part of a promotional wrestling gig here in Cincinnati. What caught my eye was the headline showing her life span 1932-1957. I began reading and was hooked when the first paragraph revealed that she could slaughter a cow by straddling its neck and tightening her thighs. Damn, what people will do in Cincinnati for entertainment!

The story continued that a wrestling promoter found out the Cincinnati Zoo was pulling a toothless baboon from its exhibit. Being an entrepreneur he promoted a wrestling match between this young woman (we'll call her Thunder Thighs because I can't remember her name) and the aging baboon. Supposedly the event took place where they had Friday Night Fights downtown. The people in the front row said they heard her yell, "FOUL!" just before the baboon snapped her neck, picked her up, and threw her out of the ring. This is one of the best damn stories I have read in a long time. I know it's tragic, but what a way to go!

This restaurant is a chain and Googling Bucca wall décor I found that each location has the same pictures. Please, if you feel like Italian food and have one of these near you, pop in and read this poster and tell me if your city had a toothless baboon that killed a woman that could slaughtered cows by tightening her thighs. I have to know if this is true!

The poster is located close it this guy.






















Around the corner from her...
























..and down the hall from where we sat. Picture of our booth.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this poster last night. It was actually in a stall in the ladies room! I too was eager to I saw this in the PA restauranfind out if it was true but the lack of info available on Gina bronco Bouza makes me believe it was a poster made for the restaurant.

Anonymous said...

The alpharetta location (suburb of atlanta) has the same poster, but uses the Atlanta Zoo as the baboon's home.

Anonymous said...

Same as above. Saw this at Buca in Albuquerque, mentioning that the place was downtown Albuquerque in an outdoor ring.

Unknown said...

In Columbus, it claims the zoo was the Columbus Zoo. Suspicious.

browntbdd said...

SCAM STORY
- each buca restaurant has this and adds local HS and zoo names

Hack Stone said...

I am at their location in the Gaslamp District of San Diego, and it says the baboon came from the San Diego Zoo.